We hope and intend that you will always be very happy with our work. However, if you feel unsatisfied by any aspects of our service we do have a procedure in place to take note of such issues seriously and deal with these promptly. If for any reason you are unhappy with the service at Scholars Mentoring Company please feel free to contact us.

Complaints may be communicated in any format that suits you best such as by phone, a personal visit or contact, through email. You will need to state that you desire to make a formal complaint and include all details relevant to your query. This complain will be formally logged and recorded so that it may be followed up and dealt with in the most effective and efficacious method available.

Complaints Procedure

We hope all our students have an excellent experience working with Scholars Mentoring Company. However, if a student feels they are receiving an inadequate service, there are formal methods that are available to follow.

The procedure is as follows;

  1. Contact a member of the management team, contact details are available on our website http://scholarsmentoringcompany.co.uk/contact-us/ or can be obtained on request from the mentor. Send via email to scholarsmentoringcompany@gmail.com with subject heading “Formal Complaint”.
  2. Inform a member of management of your complaint, stating the reason for your complaint and sending any relevant evidence that you possess. We will respond within 5 working days. This stage will be managed and dealt with by Michael Gallagher.
  3. If you are unhappy with our response, inform us that you are unhappy with our response. State the desired outcome of your complaint, we will try to help to the best of our ability. We will respond within 5 working days. This stage will be managed and dealt with by Janice Adams.
  4. If you are still unhappy, you can contact your Needs Assessor or Needs Assessment Company. The contact details of which can be accessed online or from your DSA Letter or Needs Assessment Report. They may assist in resolving your complaint.
  5. If you are still unsatisfied, you can escalate your complaint to the DSA-QAG; please contact Disabled Students Allowances Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG) in writing to administration@dsa-qag.org.uk outlining the reason for your complaint and send any relevant documentation. They will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and aim to fully investigate and reply to you within 20 working days of receipt.

Who listens to my complaint?

A member of the SMC management team will take responsibility of the complaint. The management team of Scholars Mentoring Company consists of:

Jan Adams. Business Partner / Chartered Psychologist, Academic Researcher & Disability Practitioner.

Michael Gallagher. Assistant Project Manager.

How will I be kept informed in regards to my complaint?

You will be kept informed throughout the entire complaints procedure via email. The member of the management team will use the email provided on your Complaint Form for all correspondence.

How long will it take to receive a response?

We aim to respond to any complaint within 5 working days.

If you feel you require more support or different forms of support, such as increased hours, taxis, equipment or other forms of non-medical helper support, you can speak with us about it and we shall signpost you to the most appropriate direction for this.

It is recommended however that the primary contact should be with the original Needs Assessment Centre for anything to do with what they have recommended for you and what additional requests you may have. They can assist with all of your support and any issues regarding these.

Complaints – Other

If you have a complaint regarding other services, for example complaints about your Higher Education Institution, Funding body, Needs Assessment Centre, etc. It is essential that you follow their respective complaints procedure available via their websites.

If you wish to make any complaints regarding your experiences with Student Finance England or Disability Support Allowance click the links below to access the information on how/where this can be done.

Disability Support Allowance: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

Student Finance England: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england

Furthermore there is contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are unhappy with the response you have received via complaining through the Student Loans Company procedure

Ombudsman Contact Details: http://www.slc.co.uk/media/5033/slc_how_to_make_a_complaint.pdf