- Counselling / Psychotherapy Service
- Private funded Mentoring Services
- Positive Mentoring Projects for community initiatives.
Private funded mentoring services
Scholars Professional Services are pleased to offer Bespoke First Class Private Mentoring. This excellent facility is available to ALL students’ at ALL academic levels. This service is specifically designed to coach the development and improvement of students so that they can achieve their desired goals and aspirations for their educational journey and thereafter into the workplace. First Class mentoring services offer academic training to improve academic skills and academic understanding, assistance with understanding the requirements of assignments, proof-reading, researching, writing academically for the chosen subject area. It includes confidential counselling service offering students a safe and confidential space to talk about the demands and challenges of life in education. This helps students to tackle any barriers preventing them from achieving their desired potential.to help student’s best tackle the demands and challenges of life in education.
Graduate Scheme “paid work experience”
The nature of work involves assisting disabled students throughout the Higher Education journey which students often find challenging. Training and regular supervision, along with the applicants gained qualifications, skills and experience, applied to the work inter-changeably and flexibly based on the students’ needs will provide the student with the support they need to achieve their desired output.
Key for mentoring work; it’s important to understand the impact of a student’s condition on their academic performance and their ability to cope in the higher education setting, then providing practical, long-term strategies to combat this. The use of Individual Support Plans will be utilised throughout the mentoring work, this will involve setting relevant targets concerning managing a student’s studies and a positive wellbeing. This will help to demonstrate over time the progress of the student and will allow both the student and the mentor to reflect upon the beneficial aspects of the support, and regularly improvise and adapt this to meet new challenges.
Mentors are expected to maintain clear and accurate records, including timesheets, booking sheets, individual support plans and continuous professional development logs. These are highly important for this type of work and will be fundamental for maintaining to work with Scholars Mentoring Company.
Counselling / Psychotherapy – Psychological Therapy Sessions
Scholars Professional Services are pleased to offer a wide range of psychological therapeutic services in an attempt to facilitate mindfulness support for positive outcomes and aspirations moving forwards and for the future. Our excellent and professionally qualified team provide one to one appointments and /or small group appointments to offer assistance for those in search of psychological therapy and support. Effective time spent with one of our professionals may well be the comfort, knowledge and coaching needed for more positive life experiences moving forwards. All our professionals maintain the highest regard for client confidentiality, data protection and maintaining the utmost levels of training, development, qualification, and professional membership required for the work they carry out.
- Counselling Therapy: involves our trained Counsellors helping others searching for support and possess specific attributes and skills. Such honed skills as; communication, effectiveness, problem-solving, self-awareness, empathy, rapport-building, multicultural competency but to name a few. Counselling therapy assumes that people have a core or natural ‘self’ and that people have a natural tendency to want to be in harmony with their ‘self’. When someone develops psychological difficulties, counselling assumes that they have lost touch with this natural self in some way. Counselling therapy is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist in a safe, caring, and confidential environment to explore their feelings, beliefs, or behaviors, work through challenging or influential memories, identify aspects of their problems and explore potential positive attitudes, behaviours and directions moving forwards.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: a type of psychotherapy in which negative patterns of thought about the self and the world are challenged in order to alter unwanted behaviour patterns or treat mood disorders such as depression. CBT) is talking types of therapythat can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. Its most commonly used to treat anxiety and depression, but can be useful for other mental and physical health problems. CBT developed initially for individuals with eating disorders but now used with a range of problems including anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anger problems.
- Psychotherapy: is the use of psychological methods, particularly when based on regular personal interaction, to help a person change and overcome problems in desired ways. … Certain psychotherapies are considered evidence-based for treating some diagnosed mental disorders. It is a type of therapy used to treat emotional problems and mental health conditions. It involves talking either one-to-one, in a group or with your wife, husband or partner present during the appointment. During psychotherapy, you can learn about your condition and your moods, feelings, thoughts and behaviors.
- Psychologist: is an expert scientist or specialist in psychology. Psychologist have studied at a Higher Education Academic Grade about the human mind and human emotions and behaviour, and how different situations have an effect on people. A psychologist can be a researcher, who makes abstract studies of mental disorders and their treatments. Or, a psychologist can be licensed to see and treat patients, offering therapy for mental conditions or behavioural issues.
Psychologist working with our organisation offers their acquired academic knowledge, skills and qualification to help improve the community led initiatives projects with which we engage and hold professional memberships with the British Psychological Society. Only Psychologist whom hold professional membership with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), are recognised to work directly with a client.
Bespoke Volunteer Work Experience Project.
Scholars Mentoring Company are pleased to have designed and implemented a structured programme of measured tasks with training advice and guidance to help provide academic Undergraduates & Postgraduates with three months of valuable useful bespoke Voluntary Work Experienceto enhance future career prospects and offer the academic “Real World” experience of being part of a SME providing tailored support in the Education Sector and Professional Services in other settings.This will offer the successful candidate/s* the opportunity of experiencing varied working environments such as;- attending the office workplace, also working on own at home, working with others out – reach at designated venues such as libraries, organisations, with clients, and with mentors.
(Limited places available each year) (*Expenses paid)
The Role – will involve working with SMC on one of a number of specific structured projects available over the next 3 months. It will also include specific tasks to enhance the candidate’s prospects. All aspects of the project are designed to offer the candidate opportunities to learn and improve on their best skills and attributes. Whilst at the same time being and integrated valuable member of a SME Company and offering the company in return their hard work, commitment, good attitude and becoming part of the team for the three month period, getting involved in everything where possible so that both parties gain the most from the experience. Receiving of a Certificate to verify the three months work experience carried out and signed confirmation of the CPD register.